Return to the Main SiteBest Forums Ever!Chat, Chat, Chat!
Battery Acid Gaming Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:07:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Just remember if you're ever in Connecticut: "A pickle is not officially a pickle unless it bounces."

Home Help Arcade Gallery Leakybattery.com Chat Staff List Members Login Register  

Help D:

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help D:  (Read 291 times)
JustJack
Water Wheel

Semper fi

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:09:46 pm »

Apple's track record has shown that a new Iphone comes out every summer. Now, the predicament I'm in is that Verizon is getting the Iphone 4 (My carrier) and I plan to get it. However, Apple is more than likely to announce and release the "Iphone 5" this year on AT&T. Do I jump the gun now and get the Iphone 4 or wait a few more months for a future "Iphone 5" on Verizon, which may or may not have the same release cycle as the AT&T ones?
Report Spam   Logged

Calvin:I'm a genius,but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes:What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:07:13 pm »

I was gonna jump the gun on the iPod 4 just because it had cameras and retina display, but I figured, why get a new ipod now, when it'll be outdated in the next few months? I recommend waiting until the summer/early fall and if they don't reveal anything new by then then get it. That's what i'm doing at least. I can't afford to upgrade every year, so i'm just gonna get an new one every 2-4 years instead, assuming they announce a new one every single year.

Report Spam   Logged

Wii FC - 0325 - 2797 - 9795 - 7950

360 Gamertag - DanX62

I should probably update this sig...

... Nah
JustJack
Water Wheel

Semper fi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:21:37 pm »

While that seems like the most logical choice, I also think its the most risky. There is also a chance that the development cycle on Verizon may be 1 year behind than AT&T. I think I'm just gonna jump the gun and upgrade to the "Iphone 6" after my 2-year contract is up. The time I don't have a phone could be wasted by at least 5-6 months waiting for an announcement, if at all, any. But if Verizon does get a new Iphone the same time AT&T does(In the summer), then that will lead to A LOOOT of pissed off people who got an Iphone 4 on Verizon in February.                                 
Report Spam   Logged

Calvin:I'm a genius,but I'm a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes:What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:Nobody thinks I'm a genius.
BigGumby
Community Manager
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »

Verizon will probably get the new iPhones the same time.  At least, that's what I would assume.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:31 pm »

Luckily for me it doesn't matter, I could never afford an iPhone. I just have a cheap pay as you go fromWal-Mart. It calls and texts people it's all I need it to do, I don't really care if it's fancy or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Wii FC - 0325 - 2797 - 9795 - 7950

360 Gamertag - DanX62

I should probably update this sig...

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 07:39:07 am »

Same here. Mines a Nokia, and I don't have a plan with it, I actually go out and buy phone cards. I barely use the phone unless I need to call someone.
Report Spam   Logged

Revised Battery Acid Clan so far:

Samuslovr1                3235 4226 3424 5923
BigGumby                   0125 9581 1685 4374
Elite777                       0325 2797 9795 7950
BigGumby
Community Manager
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:54 pm »

I have an Android from Sprint.
Report Spam   Logged