Return to the Main SiteBest Forums Ever!Chat, Chat, Chat!
Battery Acid Gaming Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:17:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: "If God wanted you to live, he would not have created me!!"               -The Soldier, Team Fortress 2

Home Help Arcade Gallery Leakybattery.com Chat Staff List Members Login Register  

Ipod/Iphone App talk

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ipod/Iphone App talk  (Read 528 times)
OWN3D
Hydroelectric Dam

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2010, 06:48:08 am »

So I've recently been buying a lot of apps for my Iphone and realised it's quite the little gaming machine in terms of graphics it can out do a ds which is nice to have and there some really great games like Cut The rope which i'm currently playing. So I was wondering if anybody here plays games or apps on there "i" device.
Report Spam   Logged

Nintendo RAWK MY SAWKS!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 10:50:02 am »

Yes, I actually consider my self a **** iDevice gamer. I have almost as many gigs worth of games apps a I have gigs of music on my iPod!
My library consists of the following:

Blades of Fury
Assassins Creed
Assassins Creed Discovery
Predators
Slayer HD Pinball
Bloons Tower Defense
Doodle Jump
Fruit Ninja
Pocket God
Need For Speed Shift
Jelly Car 1&2
Rock Band
Guitar Hero
Tap Tap 3, Metallica & Nirvana
Tap Studio
Slash's Arcade Rocker
Simon's Cat
N.O.V.A.
Modern Combat: Sandstorm & Black Pegasus
Eliminate Pro
CoD Zombies
Resident Evil 4
Doom Classic & Resurrection
Archetype
Zombie infection
Skies of Glory
N.Y. Zombies
iShoot
Jump O'Clock
Pix Maze
NinJump
Solomon's Boneyard
Paper Toss
Mr. Runner
Falling Balls
Checkers
Hangman
12 in 1 games
Bubble Free

Is that enough games for ya? Those aren't even all my apps, that list is only about 1 third of them, not including preloaded apps. I did get a lot of my apps when they were temporarily at reduced prices, and everything from Skies of Glory to the bottom of the page was free. Despite that, it still scared me when I found out how much iv'e spent on apps since I got my iPod about a year ago (almost $100)
Report Spam   Logged

Wii FC - 0325 - 2797 - 9795 - 7950

360 Gamertag - DanX62

I should probably update this sig...

... Nah
OWN3D
Hydroelectric Dam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:06 pm »

WOW! Now that's a an app collection i can't say  i have that many games but those a few games there i've spent a lot of time on like fruit ninja and doodle jump. How is assassins creed is it a bad port or good?
Report Spam   Logged

Nintendo RAWK MY SAWKS!
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:41 pm »

It's kinda mediocre in my opinion. Assassins Creed was a pretty decent game that kept me busy for a while, but the controls did get frustrating a little to often and the ending was lame. Discovery was made by a different dev and, while sporting better graphics, the game isn't as good as the original. Iv'e played it once and I never went back too it.

Out of all my games though, Modern Combat: Black Pegasus is definitely the best and worth every penny of the $7 price tag. Awesome graphics, amazing controls, good story, online is awesome with no reduction in graphics, iv'e never had any hiccups in gameplay, 4 maps, 4 game modes, leader boards, ranking system, unlockable weapons, perks. I'm telling ya, this is like CoD in pocket size. Definitely a worthy investment.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
BigGumby
Community Manager
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:30:52 pm »

It's more of a device where, if you are bored, you can pull out for a few minutes and play for a bit.  Cut the Rope is awesome, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 04:35:15 pm »

I just realized that I said that list was only 1 third of my apps lol. That's wrong, that list is actually 2 thirds.

Has anyone seen the teaser trailer for N.O.V.A. 2? If you haven't, well, there isn't any gameplay, but there is another vid with close to about 30 seconds of gameplay, and it looks AMAZING. I thought Black Pegasus had some pretty sick graphics, but Nova 2 completely owns it. They are also getting rid of the horrible multiplayer from the first game and changing it into a more Modern Combat 2 approach, which is also very awesome. I'm about as excited for this game as I would be for a console game lol. Best part is that it's hittin' the app store next month.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:38:28 am »

Added a few more games last week :

Free:
Stick Wars
Zombie Flick
GravBot
Monster Trucks Nitro

.$99:
Stick Wars 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction (limited time only)

In total I have about 107 apps (all apps, including pre-downloaded apps)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:39:05 am by Elite777 » Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
YODAgamr
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:22 am »

You have a lot of apps! wow! lol. I have one app: Cut The Rope. B/c i use my ipod touch to listen to podcasts mostly, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 10:46:08 pm »

It's been a while since i've updated. but iv'e gotten quite a few more games. It seems like the holidays are even affecting the app store, because there have been a lot of apps going for reduced prices (Free!), and you can bet iv'e been taking advantage of said prices.

In the past month iv'e gotten:

Normal price:

Infinity Blade
N.O.V.A. 2
Rage HD
Rock Band Reloaded

Reduced price:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (That's right, there's a mobile version!)
Brothers In Arms 2: Global Front
Splinter Cell Conviction
Stickwars 2
Asphalt 5
Monster Trucks Nitro II

Free:

Stickwars
Driver
Monster Trucks Nitro
Star Wars Academy
Zombie Flick
N.Y. Zombies
Rayman 2
Revolt
Hedgehog Launch
Doodle Fit
Geared
Cut The Rope (Holiday Edition)
Tiki Totems
Ragdoll Blaster 1&2

This brings my total app count (including pre-downloaded apps) to 123, 72 of them being games. As you can see, I like to take advantage of all those temporary price reductions, though there is the occasional game that is simply too awesome to wait for.
I also have my eyes on a few more games that I want, but i'm waiting to see if they will reduce the price, though i'm thinking of getting the Holiday Edition of Doodle Jump now since it most likely won't ever be free.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:52:40 pm »

Ack, I just realized that I have a bunch of repeats in my list, but I didn't notice fast enough. Doesn't make much of a difference though, I still got a lot of new apps.

And if it scares you that I get so many apps, well, it scares me too. I actually decided to do a rough calculation of how much money iv'e spent on apps in the one year that iv'e had my iPod and, well, the number wasn't pretty (around the $100 range). But, luckily, that hasn't all been paid in American money (which I am currently broke), but with my backup Canadian money (which I am very not broke).
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
BigGumby
Community Manager
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 12:53:14 pm »

What is Battlefield Bad Company 2 like on the iPhone?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 01:38:16 pm »

What is Battlefield Bad Company 2 like on the iPhone?

It's not the same as the actual console version, but I think it's pretty fun. The controls are pretty smooth, and the graphics are o.k., but the online isn't super good compared to a bunch of other iDevice shooters. For $.99 it's definitely a good deal, but at regular price you're better off getting Modern Combat 2 from Gameloft.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum