Return to the Main SiteBest Forums Ever!Chat, Chat, Chat!
Battery Acid Gaming Forums
April 18, 2024, 01:27:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2+2 = 5.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Leakybattery.com Chat Staff List Members Login Register  

Half-Life Fanfiction 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Half-Life Fanfiction 1  (Read 261 times)
ChosenOne54
« on: May 14, 2010, 06:55:42 pm »

I am going to make a series of fanfiction set in the Half-Life 2 universe, during the Uprising. This is my first fanfiction series, so please make some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISISM. The story is through the eyes of a nameless Resistance soldier. This is supposed to be his thoughts. Enjoy!

“Hey! Rise and shine! Now’s not the time to nap!”
I slowly opened my eyes, and looked around. Where was I? What had happened? One of my fellow Resistance soldiers was standing above me, patching a wound on my belly.
“You were out for so long,” he said, “We thought we had lost you!”
I was still not remembering what happened clearly. The last thing I remembered was my squad and I, assaulting this building, the Overwatch Nexus, or something like that. We had made our way through, right outside the huge building, and then suddenly there was this really bright light, and I remember feeling like I was falling.
“What happened? Who are you?” I asked?
“I’m John. I am with the Resistance, if you don’t already know. The Combine have set up this huge suppressor device on the roof. It fires a beam of energy or something, to try and kill Resistance troops underneath. Your entire squad got wiped out. Except for you, you were lucky to have survived.”
Suddenly it came back to me.
“Oh my god! The battle! How is it going? Have the resistance taken the Nexus yet?”
“We’re in the process of taking it. The Overwatch are putting up a real fight, but Gordon Freeman is inside the Nexus. Word has it he’s trying to disable the suppression device, so the rest of our forces can swarm in. I just hope the Combine won’t have time to send in Striders.”
I slowly got up. My body was aching everywhere. Had I really survived a blast from the suppression device? I stumbled over, and grabbed my gun, an MP7.
“Let’s go,” I said, “Dr. Freeman is gonna need all the help he can get.”
“Are you sure you want to go? I’d say you should stay here and rest. “ Said John.
“No. I’m going.”
I started to get on my body armour.
“You’d think Barney would give us better armour than this. This blue cloth sealed together with duct tape and string.” I said.
“Stop complaining. Let’s go.” Replied John.
We both grabbed out supplies, and I started to follow him. For the first time since I woke up, I observed my surroundings. We were in a broken down apartment building. We ran down the stairs, and carefully moved out the door. The Overwatch Nexus loomed ahead, and behind it the Combine Citadel. Someday we would bring down the Combine. And when we did, we would tear down that Citadel, piece by piece and burn it. We started charging across the battlefield, the sound of gunfire everywhere. Everywhere I turned, I saw comrades falling, getting mowed down, set on fire, and even worse. Then suddenly a squad of Combine attacked us. One came right up to me, and bashed me in the chest with his gun. Pain surged through my body, but I didn’t collapse. I managed to aim my weapon and kill him, but there was still more Combine coming. I hid behind a piece of rubble and blind fired over top of it. I put in a new magazine, and then popped out. I looked around for John. Where was he? And then I saw him lying on the ground dead. I had no time to mourn. I started charging towards the Nexus, ignoring the gunshots, disregarding everything. I could make it. I could make it. I was almost there. I could see it getting closer. Just a few more steps………

To Be Continued…
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum