Return to the Main SiteBest Forums Ever!Chat, Chat, Chat!
Battery Acid Gaming Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:37:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Battery Acid likes their Gumbys Big

Home Help Arcade Gallery Leakybattery.com Chat Staff List Members Login Register  

The fact that people still post here..

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The fact that people still post here..  (Read 1158 times)
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »

FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION.

No but really how why what I randomly remembered this place today and lo and behold there had been new posts.

What.
Report Spam   Logged

Revised Battery Acid Clan so far:

Samuslovr1                3235 4226 3424 5923
BigGumby                   0125 9581 1685 4374
Elite777                       0325 2797 9795 7950

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 12:26:41 am »

That's why I still check here from time to time haha. It's always fun to see some random new comments. Though i'm disappointed that Gumby went on that posting spree and hasn't yet returned to reply back!
Report Spam   Logged

Wii FC - 0325 - 2797 - 9795 - 7950

360 Gamertag - DanX62

I should probably update this sig...

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:53:39 am »

It was a pleasant surprise to say the least. Come back after god knows how long and seeing you n gumby chatting it up brought back some good memories.

So what is up in the land of Dan?
Report Spam   Logged

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 07:51:14 pm »

Yeah, as soon as I saw all the posts from Gumby I was hit by the feels pretty hard. The times we had on here/TCIC were a lot of fun, made high school social outcast Dan feel like he belonged somewhere haha.

Honestly not much man. I'm getting ready to sign up for classes for my first full semester studying at Berklee Online (The music college, online division) and i'm between jobs right now so I have a lot of free time. I haven't been gaming much in the past year or so, but i've been putting a few hour in here and there on Fallout 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront.

How about you man? I never see you post anything on facebook so I was really surprised to see you post here haha.

Speaking of facebook, if anyone else happens to see this, feel free to add me. My full name is Daniel Romeiro, as far as I know i'm the only one that comes up living in Ohio.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 07:52:09 pm by Dan622 » Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 08:13:17 pm »

Oh god it's been so long I've forgotten how to reply properly oh jeez what am I doing.

"The times we had on here/TCIC were a lot of fun, made high school social outcast Dan feel like he belonged somewhere haha."
Definitely know what you mean, I think The Conduit came out back when I was in grade 7 or 8, right before I went off to a highschool where I barely knew anyone. TCIC/BA definitely gave me somewhere to spend quality time.

"Honestly not much man. I'm getting ready to sign up for classes for my first full semester studying at Berklee Online (The music college, online division) and i'm between jobs right now so I have a lot of free time. I haven't been gaming much in the past year or so, but i've been putting a few hour in here and there on Fallout 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront."
Nice! I'm currently just finishing up my first of my second year of University, actually have an exam tomorrow so that'll be a blast. Pretty much same as you in terms of gaming, guess I just got too busy with work and school and it took a hit. Recently been playing Undertale and CSGO.

"How about you man? I never see you post anything on facebook so I was really surprised to see you post here haha."
Oh, I barely use facebook for anything anymore, not really much of the social type. So much has happened in the last few years, it's a little scary eheh. Somehow managed to graduate highschool with decent grades and got into the Uni I wanted to, so that's pretty great. Sort of failed my first year though, got a glorious 1.60 gpa. Doing quite a bit better this year, I think. Become a tiny bit of an alcoholic through the whole ordeal, but money's running short so it won't be a problem much longer. Don't really remember what triggered me thinking of this place and checking it for updates, but I'm glad I did.

I might drop my skype name since I don't really use any other form of social media, although it comes with a long list of warning ahahaha.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:22 pm »

Oh, I barely use facebook for anything anymore, not really much of the social type. So much has happened in the last few years, it's a little scary eheh. Somehow managed to graduate highschool with decent grades and got into the Uni I wanted to, so that's pretty great. Sort of failed my first year though, got a glorious 1.60 gpa. Doing quite a bit better this year, I think. Become a tiny bit of an alcoholic through the whole ordeal, but money's running short so it won't be a problem much longer. Don't really remember what triggered me thinking of this place and checking it for updates, but I'm glad I did.

I tried to quit a few times, but it always only lasts for a few weeks at most. I get a lot of music-related news from there and it's still the primary way I communicate with a lot of people unfortunately. And I was kind of in the same boat as you. I went to a different school for a year, hated it and my grades were terrible so I dropped out and spent a year just working. Earlier this year is when I discovered that Berklee (my dream school) had their online division (Less tuition, and I don't have to move 10+ hours away and pay room & board), so I took a leap of faith and just barely got accepted. This semester I just had to take the entrance course and pass with a C or higher to finalize my acceptance (Next week is the final week and I have an A-).

I probably would be an alcoholic if I wasn't only 20 (or still lived in Canada), but I have only one really good friend so obtaining alcohol has been difficult. I went on a diet earlier this year though and it's been going really well so i've been limiting my intake anyway.

And me too man. I just wish more people would do the same thing so we could get a bit more conversation going again. I need something to do in my free time and a part of me misses this place. Reddit has replaced all the forums I used to post on these days, but it just isn't the same.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2015, 08:52:52 pm »

I see the quote button now.

I tried to quit a few times, but it always only lasts for a few weeks at most. I get a lot of music-related news from there and it's still the primary way I communicate with a lot of people unfortunately. And I was kind of in the same boat as you. I went to a different school for a year, hated it and my grades were terrible so I dropped out and spent a year just working. Earlier this year is when I discovered that Berklee (my dream school) had their online division (Less tuition, and I don't have to move 10+ hours away and pay room & board), so I took a leap of faith and just barely got accepted. This semester I just had to take the entrance course and pass with a C or higher to finalize my acceptance (Next week is the final week and I have an A-).
Hrm, I've heard quite a few people taking a year off and it being a really good idea and I sort of get one after next year. Glad it worked out for you! And I sorta know what you mean about the whole travel time and res cost, I live about 4 hours away from home and residence here costs an arm and a leg.

I probably would be an alcoholic if I wasn't only 20 (or still lived in Canada), but I have only one really good friend so obtaining alcohol has been difficult. I went on a diet earlier this year though and it's been going really well so i've been limiting my intake anyway.
Oh you silly americans and your alcohol laws. Congrats on going on a diet though, always good to be healthy. I started working out some time in June, it'll be six months on Tuesday.

And me too man. I just wish more people would do the same thing so we could get a bit more conversation going again. I need something to do in my free time and a part of me misses this place. Reddit has replaced all the forums I used to post on these days, but it just isn't the same.
It'd be nice if we could get this place back up and running like in the glory days, but I'm afraid that probably won't happen. A few friendly faces here and there would still be nice, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 05:43:43 pm »

Hrm, I've heard quite a few people taking a year off and it being a really good idea and I sort of get one after next year. Glad it worked out for you! And I sorta know what you mean about the whole travel time and res cost, I live about 4 hours away from home and residence here costs an arm and a leg.

Oh you silly americans and your alcohol laws. Congrats on going on a diet though, always good to be healthy. I started working out some time in June, it'll be six months on Tuesday.

It'd be nice if we could get this place back up and running like in the glory days, but I'm afraid that probably won't happen. A few friendly faces here and there would still be nice, though.

I'm really lucky it worked out, because when I first told my dad he was ****ed. He was certain that i'd never go back to school again because of what "statistics" say. Personally, it was the best decision I think i've made. I had no idea what I wanted to do out of high school, had I continued my original path i'd have wasted money on a terrible degree and been absolutely miserable. Luckily for me I got hooked up with a pretty good job, so it was a pretty good "year off" overall.

It's not my fault I live here haha. And thanks! I've been wanting to lose weight for years, i'm really glad i'm finally doing it. I've lost right around 20 pounds this year, most of that has been within the last month or two, so I think i'll be able to reach my goal by the spring for sure.

It would be. Gumby, come back damn it! I haven't played my Wii in years, but I have a sudden urge to bust out TCIC and give it a spin lol. I wonder if anyone still plays online...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:44:12 pm by Dan622 » Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 06:47:58 pm »

Statistics are silly, don't listen to em ehehe. Better to be happy then in debt with a degree that will never help you.

Move to Canada and party with me :^) Nah but really the feeling of losing weight is magical and mystic and all around pretty okay, good luck with that goal!

Blame Gumby 2015, now that's a campaign to get behind. Last time I played the conduit, I just dicked around online with hacks and glitches, I don't even know if the servers are still up for it nowadays. What does HVS do now anyways?
Report Spam   Logged

Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 10:36:22 pm »

Statistics are silly, don't listen to em ehehe. Better to be happy then in debt with a degree that will never help you.

Move to Canada and party with me :^) Nah but really the feeling of losing weight is magical and mystic and all around pretty okay, good luck with that goal!

Blame Gumby 2015, now that's a campaign to get behind. Last time I played the conduit, I just dicked around online with hacks and glitches, I don't even know if the servers are still up for it nowadays. What does HVS do now anyways?

If I ever make it up for something other than family gatherings then i'd be happy to party it up haha.

And I honestly have no clue, I know HVS isn't really doing original games anymore. Unfortunately, they've pretty much abandoned Nintendo, the Conduits just didn't do well enough. It's a shame because I was reeeaaallly looking forward to The Grinder and the 3DS Conduit game they were working on.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Dan622
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 10:38:58 pm »

I decided to look up their most recent projects. It seems like they've been doing a lot of mobile games and what I can only assume is playing some kind of support role in developing some bigger games because they have Saints Row IV and Mortal Kombat X listed on their site. They've also got some kind of FPS coming out for the Oculus Rift.
Report Spam   Logged

360 Gamertag - DanX62

... Nah
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 11:24:38 am »

Oh man, The Grinder. That's a name I haven't heard in a really long time!

Maybe one of these days they'll surprise everyone and poof, AAA-tier Grinder release.

Probably not though, it's been like 6 years since I've heard anything about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Chad (Chickenchomper)
Uranium Fuel Cell

And he was never seen again...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 05:23:21 pm »

Deep.

Definitely agree with the alcohol thing, must be a university/college thing. In my first year we played through The Conduit while drunk and it was easily the best moment of being a freshman.
Report Spam   Logged

I blame my 13 year old self for this beautiful username.
Samuslovr1
Nuclear Power Plant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 12:16:03 pm »

In my first year we played through The Conduit while drunk and it was easily the best moment of being a freshman.

That legit sounds amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

Chad (Chickenchomper)
Uranium Fuel Cell

And he was never seen again...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 10:37:08 pm »

Yeah I lived on an all music students floor so it was easy to find a good group of nerds friends to do stuff like that with.
Report Spam   Logged

I blame my 13 year old self for this beautiful username.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum